The EasyHire.me team is very excited to launch Live Video Panel Interviews!
This feature has been on our roadmap for several years now. However with the shelter-in place conditions under COVID-19, we’ve seen an increased demand for this feature from employers.
Panel interviews are live interviews where a candidate is interviewed by multiple interviewers. Interview panel usually consists of the hiring manager, team lead, HR representative, and senior team members. The panel team may differ according to the organization’s type. Also, Panel interviews are often used for internal audits of the interview process and practices.
Easyhire.me allows conducting video Panel Interviews with up to 4 interviewers. Every interview panel member can add the question to the interview and leave grades and comments.
To invite interviewers click on the “Add Panel Members” button in the “Set up live interview” form. The interviewer can select panel interviewers from their team members.
Panel interview members will receive an interview confirmation e-mail after the candidate confirms the interview date and time. After the interview has been finished, all participants may view interview playback and submit a scorecard.
While On-Demand interviews is still the most common and efficient way to pre-screen a large number of candidates, for many types of jobs Panel interviews are an essential tool in getting to know how candidates perform under stressful conditions.
Try panel interviews and let us know your feedback!
Explicit Customer Consent
It’s now a must to ask customers first before processing or storing their data. The request not only needs to be clear and see but it also must be done so in a straightforward way by using easy to understand language. Silence or inactivity from the side of the customer should not be taken as a yes and companies that use their info must be able to prove that they received approval. Also, your customers now have the right to withdraw consent upon request in a reasonable timeframe.
Get A Data Protection Officer (DPO) If You Can
Hiring someone who specializes in data protection can save you a lot of worries. Your DPO is your point person to ensure GDPR compliance. This is especially important for companies larger than 10 to 15 employees that process personal data on daily basis and in sheer numbers. But what does the DPO role actually do? The role entails:
- Regular and systematic monitoring of data on a large scale
- Processing on a large scale of special categories of data
Conduct A Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA)
You’ll definitely need to conduct a data protection impact assessment if your company stores personal data in a permanent storage. This should be done before any project should be carried out and it’s basically an audit within the company that will allow you to measure the effectivity of safeguarding the privacy of the individuals whose data you store. The DPIA aims to achieve these three:
- Compliance with applicable legal, regulatory and policy requirements
- Establish the risks and effects
- Evaluates protections and alternative processes to mitigate privacy risks
Data Breach Policies
There will always be substantial risks when it comes to storing data. And Data Breach policies ensure that your customers’ trusts will be kept intact in case of the worse scenarios – which is data breach. The GDPR requires companies to notify local data protection authorities of any data breach situation within 72 hours of discovery. And yes, this means that every company will need the kind of technology that will allow them to detect and address breaches within a certain timeframe. Note as well that this is one of the stricter GDPR requirements and you may have to overhaul your internal data security policies for this.
Giving Them The Right to Opt-Out
Deleting personal data not only minimizes the amount of data each company has to keep but also gives customers the freedom to choose. So if a certain data is not needed or has been requested to be deleted, then the answer is yes delete it. And as mentioned, customers have every right to request to be taken off email lists and other such lists that a company may have that they store for marketing or other such purposes.
We value our users’ privacy and know that the GDPR is aimed at making people know that their personal data are safe and not being used in some way that they do not approve. So here’s a quick rundown of what we changed to be GDPR compliant.
We have recently added many cool features to the EasyHire platform. Below is a list of new features that we added lately:
1. Mobile video interview – Your candidates can take the video interviews from their mobile from anywhere, at any time. EasyHire offers a seamless interview experience across desktop, Android, and iOS devices. Check out more on mobile video interviews here.
2. SMS notification – You can configure SMS notification to receive alerts when interviews are completed by the candidates.
3. Email personalization – With EasyHire email template editor, you can personalize the emails that are sent out to candidates. You can personalize the interview invitations, reminders and notification emails that are sent out the candidates.
4. Setting up multiple interviews – You can now upload a CSV file with a list of candidates and set up interviews for multiple candidates with a single click.
5. Redesigned the interview room – We have redesigned the interview room with a slick look. Your candidates will love the interview experience.